Triple G1-winning son of legendary War Front
2016, Dark Bay - Entered Stud: 2020 | Fee: $22,000
True breed-shaping potential – an athletic superstar with the rare ability to mix brilliant sprinter speed with stamina and toughness.
The most exciting stallion prospect to date by superstar stallion War Front. The son of Danzig has made his mark as a sire of sires in Australia this season through the deeds of Declaration of War.
Super sire Danzig is responsible for DANEHILL & GREEN DESERT lines, among others.
Elite sire power, tremendous physical makeup and mental disposition – the first horse in 30 years to win a G1 at 1200m and 1800m in the same year.
A multiple G1 millionaire earning $1,651,800.
A Leading 3-Year-Old – Eclipse Finalist and one of only three multiple G1-winning 3yo males in 2019.
Brilliant winner of the G1 Arkansas Derby at Oaklawn to become the early favourite for the Kentucky Derby.
Dazzling winner of the G1 Santa Anita Sprint Championship over older horses & leading 3yo sprinter Shancelot.
Easy winner of the G1 Malibu at Santa Anita, defeating G1 Santa Anita Derby winner Roadster by 2 3/4 lengths.
Hails from the best current American family in the stud book – 2 Champions and 6 G1horses under his first two dams alone.
“In my opinion, Omaha Beach is one of the best-credentialled stallions to stand in Victoria. He appealed to me because he was a superstar of a racehorse, winning three Group 1 races from 1200 metres to 1800 metres. It’s that combination of speed and versatility at the top level that makes a successful sire.” — Damon Gabbedy, Belmont Bloodstock
“Omaha Beach is one who has really caught my eye among this year’s new stallions. He’s beautifully bred, was a very good racehorse in America and appears to offer exceptional value for money.” — John Muir, Milburn Creek
2016, Dark Bay - Entered Stud: 2020 | Fee: $22,000
|Age||Starts||1st (SW)||2nd (SP)||3rd (SP)||Earned|
|3||7||5 (4)||2 (1)||-||US$1,624,000|
- Maiden Special Weight race at Santa Anita (1600m turf, to Flying Scotsman, defeating Power Player, etc.)
- Maiden Special Weight race at Del Mar (1700m turf, to Bob and Jackie, defeating Shining Through, etc.)
- Maiden Special Weight race at Del Mar (1600m turf, to More Ice and Alleva)
- Arkansas Derby at Oaklawn Park ($1 million, G1, 1800m in 1:49.91, defeating Improbable, Country House, Laughing Fox, Galilean, Long Range Toddy, etc.)
- Santa Anita Sprint Championship S. at Santa Anita ($300,000, G1, 1200m in 1:08.79, defeating Shancelot, Flagstaff, etc.)
- Malibu S. at Santa Anita ($300,000, G1, 1400m in 1:22.33, handily by 2 3/4 lengths, defeating Roadster, Manny Wah, Complexity, Much Better)
- Rebel S. at Oaklawn Park ($750,000, G2, 1700m in 1:42.42, defeating Game Winner, Market King, Gunmetal Gray, etc.)
- Maiden Special Weight race at Santa Anita (1400m in 1:21.02, defeating One Bad Boy, Nolde, etc.)
- Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile at Santa Anita (G1, 1600m, to Spun to Run, defeating Blue Chipper, Snapper Sinclair, Improbable, Coal Front, Mr. Money, Diamond Oops, Ambassadorial and Giant Expectations)
Omaha Beach (USA) made his mark in an impressive career on the racetrack, and he has the credentials and bloodlines to be an even bigger force at stud.
Shuttling to Spendthrift Australia from 2020, Omaha Beach will have his first southern hemisphere foals this season.
An exceptional racehorse, Omaha Beach won half of his 10 starts including the G1 Arkansas Derby, Santa Anita Sprint Championship and Malibu Stakes. He also won the G2 Rebel Stakes and finished second in the G1 Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile.
Omaha Beach is by War Front (USA), who made a massive impact in Melbourne last spring through the feats of his son Declaration of War (USA).
Within the space of just four days, Declaration of War sired the winners of the G1 Victoria Derby and Melbourne Cup with Warning and Vow and Declare. Earlier in the year, he claimed the G1 Queensland Oaks with his daughter Winning Ways.
Warning and Winning Ways are both out of mares by the great Galileo (Ire), while Vow and Declare is a son of a Testa Rossa mare. The same crosses loom as outstanding options for Omaha Beach.
Declaration of War’s other stakes winners in this part of the world include:
• Hong Kong’s G2 Sprint Cup winner Voyage Warrior, out of a Stravinsky (USA) mare.
• G3 Cambridge Breeders’ Stakes winner Vigor Winner, whose dam is by Exceed and Excel.
• G3 Chairman’s Stakes hero Declarationofheart, who is a son of an Encosta de Lago mare.
• Listed Southland Guineas winner Weaponry (NZ), who is out of a Felix the Cat (USA) mare.
War Front has enjoyed further success in Australia through his G1-winning son Homesman (USA), who is out of a Red Ransom (USA) mare.
As illustrated with the Galileo mares mentioned above, War Front has crossed superbly with mares from the Sadler’s Wells (USA) line. The cross has produced 18 individual stakes winners, six of them at G1 level including Preakness Stakes winner War of Will (USA) and the multiple elite winners U S Navy Flag (USA) and Roly Poly (USA).
But the exceptional cross opportunities don’t end there.
• There has been good success in War Front’s crosses with mares by influential stallion Smart Strike (CAN), with five stakes winners including Peace and War (USA) in the G1 Alcibiades Stakes.
• The same number of black-type winners has come from the cross between War Front and Winx’s sire Street Cry (IRE), the best of them being G2 Vintage Stakes winner War Decree (USA).
• Rahy (USA) mares have also crossed with War Front for five black-type winners, headed by Declaration of War, who preceded his stud career with victories in the G1 International Stakes and Queen Anne Stakes.
• Meanwhile, War Front has crossed with mares by Fusaichi Pegasus (USA) to produce 20 winners including three black-type performers, headed by G3 Bourbon Stakes winner Peace Achieved (USA).
• There are also War Front stakes winners out of mares by Malibu Moon (USA) and Old Trieste (USA), so daughters of fellow A.P. Indy (USA) sires such as Mineshaft (USA), Flatter (USA), Congrats (USA) and Bernardini (USA) provide a positive cross.
Omaha Beach service fee for 2021 will be $22,000 inc. GST